Namasté


Welcome. I am not a former dancer and I have never been to Mysore. I am an artist, painting professor and long-time Ashtanga practitioner who tries to keep up a daily practice of yoga to stave off the aches and pains of middle-age. If I have gained any wisdom about this practice it has come from some wonderful teachers and from my own experiences on the mat over a long number of years.
- Michael Rich

Monday, October 22, 2012

The Sea and the Photographer

I'm just back from a weekend on Nantucket where I got to work with the terrific photographer, Robert Sturman.  I was a bit apprehensive about making my practice an opportunity for a photo shoot.  What I found is that Robert genuinely sees his work as a collaboration - that yoga is a form of expression of the body and the exuberance of the human spirit.  Somehow his work really manages to capture that.  So I was deeply honored to spend a chilly, windy morning on the beach making art with Robert.  I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures from the shoot.

Photo by Robert Sturman
















And of course - this darling video of another great shoot by Robert:


No comments:

Post a Comment